- How and what types of personal information we collect and use;
- When and with whom we share your personal information;
- The choices you can make regarding how we collect, use and share your personal information.
2. What personal information do we collect and use and how do we collect it?
We collect personal information when:
- You provide such information to us;
- We collect it automatically;
- We receive it from third parties.
3. How is your personal information shared?
Your personal information may be shared to help book a trip and/or vacation, provide you with
assistance related to your trip and/or stay, communicate with you (including when we send you
information about products and services or allow you to communicate with travel service providers
and/or owners) and comply with the law.
4. What are your rights and choices?
You can exercise your data protection rights in a number of ways. For example, you can opt out of
receiving marketing communications by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in the emails you receive, in
your account, as applicable, or by contacting our customer service.
5. How to contact us
You may also contact us as described in the "Contact Us" section below to ask questions about how we
treat your personal information or make requests related to it.
For more information about the data controller and/or the EU Representative for the personal information we handle, please click here.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
Categories of the personal information we collect when you use our platform, applications or associated tools and services, we may collect the following types of personal information from you, as necessary:
- Travel-related preferences, such as destination and favorite types of accommodations;
- Geographic location;
- Surveys conducted through the platform;
- IP Address;
- Device type;
- Unique device identification numbers;
- Browser type (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer);
- Internet service provider;
- Operating system;
- How your device interacted with our online services, including the pages visited, links clicked, trips viewed and features used, along with associated dates and times;
- Information about any origin websites or exit pages, as well as general geographic location (for example, country or city level).
- Comply with applicable laws, protect our rights and interests as well as those of our users, defend ourselves and respond to law enforcement authorities, other legal authorities and requests in legal proceedings;
- Comply with applicable security and anti-terrorism, anti-bribery, customs and immigration laws, as well as other laws and due diligence requirements;
- Operate our business for lawful business purposes and within the law.
Your Rights and ChoicesYou have certain rights and choices with respect to your personal information, as described below:
International data transferThe personal information we process may be transmitted or transferred to countries other than the one in which you reside. The data protection laws of these countries may differ from the laws in your country.
Our platform servers are located in the European Union.
SecurityWe want you to feel confident using our platform and all associated services and tools, and are committed to taking appropriate steps to protect the information we collect. While no company can guarantee absolute security, we use reasonable efforts to implement appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process.
Information RetentionWe will retain your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws for as long as it is relevant to fulfilling the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We will aggregate or otherwise anonymize your personal information if we intend to use it for analytical or trend analysis purposes over extended periods.
The criteria we use to determine our retention periods include:The existence of a legal obligation related to your personal information, such as laws requiring us to keep records of your transactions with us;
The existence of current and relevant legal obligations that influence how long your personal information will be kept, including contractual obligations, litigation holds, statute of limitations periods, and investigations by regulatory bodies.